Wind is a renewable and inexhaustible energy source that can be used to generate electricity.
According to Law 3851/2010, which is in force since June 2010, is now possible to place small wind farms up to a maximum power of 50kW, with a selling price of electricity at 250€ / MWh.
The installation of small wind turbines on the pitch or park called wind farm. The electricity produced by wind turbines driven either for immediate consumption or to be committed to the power grid.
Our country is rich in wind resources in several regions of Greece, especially in the islands.
- Performance. Each wind turbine delivers electricity power 200-400kW.
- Ease of construction and installation.
The steps for installation are the following:
- Select stadium. The space required to build a wind farm is about 200-300m2. You should place some checks before installing the wind turbine. These are:
- Filling conditions for wind turbine installation.
- Distance from the grid pitch and connection information to the PPC.
- Update of the wind potential of the area. The average annual wind speed must be at least 4,5 m / sec.
- Permitting process. The authorization includes the following:
- Application procedures for bid Association of PPC.
- Environmental Authorization from DI.PE.CHO (EPO).
- Approvals from relevant [Ephorates of antiquities, Forest Service, Directorate of Rural Development, Ministry of Culture, Civil Aviation, Air Force General Staff (Air Staff), General Staff of Defence (Defence)].
- Building Permit / License small scale by the appropriate planning.
- Contract with PPC.
- Selection of wind turbine. Appropriate features must have a wind turbine is
- Certifications according to specifications IEC.
- High class (Class I), indicating a rigid structure under adverse conditions.